The Robins School of Business hosts two signature speaker series designed to bring together students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members for conversations on current business issues.
At the Robins School, business isn’t just a subject. It’s what we live and breathe. Our students have their fingers on the pulse of our constantly changing world, but their foundations are in the broad perspectives of the liberal arts. We're the Robins School of Business, and we're open for business enthusiasts.
We see a fiber that has been produced for 7,000 years that today accounts for 400,000 U.S. jobs and an annual global production of 25 million tons — and that 39 percent of consumers are wearing right now. Other people see a T-shirt.
We see a commodity originating in over 50 countries, with 25 million farmers producing 120 million bags a year that are consumed by 60 percent of the nation, generating $90 billion. Other people see a cup of coffee.
Robins School student named University of Richmond's first-ever Scholar-Athlete of the Year
Robins School student named Leslie Sessoms Booker Award winner at Westhampton College Senior Celebration Night
Robins School graduate goes full steam ahead to raise awareness around multiculturalism
MBA student offers glimpse inside her typical day balancing work and school
In the News
- M a y08
- M a y08
- M a y09
- S e p10
Faculty & Staff Highlights
- Geiger in Contemporary Accounting Research Accounting professor Marshall A. Geiger published “Auditor Fees and Auditor Independence” in Contemporary Accounting Research.
- Virginia Business Features Q-Camp Virginia Business featured Shelley Burns and the Robins School's Q-Camp program.
- Advertising Hall of Fame Election John B. Adams, Jr., chairman of The Martin Agency and Executive in Residence at the Robins School, was elected to the Advertising Hall of Fame, an award honoring individuals and corporations who have significantly raised the standard for advertising excellence.
- Ho in Journal of Management Studies Violet Ho, associate professor of management, published “Passion Isn't Always a Good Thing” in Journal of Management Studies.
Robins School on Twitter
- RT @URNews2Use: Lyn McDermid, @federalreserve CIO, will give the commencement address for the @UR_RobinsSchool MBA ceremony, May 9 http://t…
- Cast your vote in the #RobinsSeniors Photo Contest by May 7! http://t.co/u6r8FNEPae
- RT @URNews2Use: @UR_RobinsSchool's George Hoffer in @NPR piece "Europe May Be On Sale, But The Ticket To Get There Isn't" http://t.co/fCFpz…
- Photos from the 2015 McWick Case Competition are up! http://t.co/CHF5V37N66
- Cast your vote in the #RobinsSeniors Photo Contest by May 7! http://t.co/ez1mhXTaG2
- A fond farewell and best wishes to our exchange students! @urichmond http://t.co/KugpzlkH7W
- Less than 2 weeks 'til Senior Wine & Cheese. #RobinsSeniors http://t.co/wEHPy6X6vz
- RT @JacqueFetrow: @SmartColleges @urichmond @UR_RobinsSchool Not sure how bitly chsnged that link. Original: http://t.co/7vgdoyH2Nk
- RT @JacqueFetrow: Wonderful blog by @urichmond @UR_RobinsSchool Joe Hoyle on 14 characteristics of great teaching! http://t.co/iuD8EllAwW @…
- The April Robins Update is out! Read abt Nathalie Ivers, '15, Patrick Cataldo, '92, @towerswatson & intl lrning @ RSB http://t.co/BQTSfbPVVn
- The 2015 McWick Case Competition takes place today! Best of luck to all the teams! http://t.co/IKUdwmrrTb
- Dean @bagranoff presents Community Service Award via @RTDNEWS http://t.co/ozxVovXR6d
- #RobinsSeniors Be sure to RSVP to Senior Wine & Cheese! Submit photos by 4/26 to be in the Photo Contest & Slideshow! http://t.co/kExoPNjiyY
- RT @_elSacco: YOU GO @therayfraser https://t.co/MyUYxMJzFN
- Let's catch up w Ray Fraser '11 & his startup @TreeSleeve which prods compostable cup sleeves #earthday @business http://t.co/CRrSSYiGmD
- Today, Senior Associate Dean @R_Coughlan is meeting with Tony Smith, President and CEO of Secure Futures LLC.
- Where are we in the community today? Dean @bagranoff is off to NY for the wk for the @AICPA Board of Directors meeting.
- The McWick Case Competition returns this Thursday. We can't wait to see the outcome! http://t.co/45BRrjoWsa
- Where are we in the community today? Senior Associate Dean @R_Coughlan is mtg w Walter Smith, state president of BB&T Insurance Services
- Congratulations to Laura Thompson, our new Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Student Services! http://t.co/IhwNpDuVVT