The Robins School of Business hosts two signature speaker series designed to bring together students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members for conversations on current business issues.
At the Robins School, business isn’t just a subject. It’s what we live and breathe. Our students have their fingers on the pulse of our constantly changing world, but their foundations are in the broad perspectives of the liberal arts. We're the Robins School of Business, and we're open for business enthusiasts.
We see a fiber that has been produced for 7,000 years that today accounts for 400,000 U.S. jobs and an annual global production of 25 million tons — and that 39 percent of consumers are wearing right now. Other people see a T-shirt.
We see a commodity originating in over 50 countries, with 25 million farmers producing 120 million bags a year that are consumed by 60 percent of the nation, generating $90 billion. Other people see a cup of coffee.
VACEOs teams up with The Richmond MBA Capstone program
MBA students travel to Quito, Ecuador for Spring International Residency
MBA student gives glimpse into his work at global chemical company
The Robins School and IÉSEG utilize new technology to bring students in Richmond and France together
Robins School alumnus named managing consultant at global professional services company
Robins School student named University of Richmond's first-ever Scholar-Athlete of the Year
Robins School student named Leslie Sessoms Booker Award winner at Westhampton College Senior Celebration Night
In the News
Faculty & Staff Highlights
- Thompson named assistant dean
Laura Thompson has been named assistant dean of undergraduate student services at the Robins School.
- Piazza named Executive Education director
Bob Piazza has been named director of Executive Education at the Robins School.
- Cohen in Harvard Business Review
Management professor Susan Cohen wrote a Harvard Business Review article, "The Top 20 Start-Up Accelerators in the U.S."
- Carlson in Journal of Advertising
Marketing professor Jeffrey Carlson published "I Eat Organic for My Benefit and Yours" in Journal of Advertising.
- Cohen featured in Forbes
Management professor Susan Cohen's Seed Accelerator Rankings Project was featured in Forbes.
- Geiger in Contemporary Accounting Research Accounting professor Marshall A. Geiger published “Auditor Fees and Auditor Independence” in Contemporary Accounting Research.
- Virginia Business Features Q-Camp Virginia Business featured Shelley Burns and the Robins School's Q-Camp program.
- Advertising Hall of Fame Election John B. Adams, Jr., chairman of The Martin Agency and Executive in Residence at the Robins School, was elected to the Advertising Hall of Fame, an award honoring individuals and corporations who have significantly raised the standard for advertising excellence.
- Ho in Journal of Management Studies Violet Ho, associate professor of management, published “Passion Isn't Always a Good Thing” in Journal of Management Studies.
Robins School on Twitter
- Join us Sep. 9 for a C-Suite Conversation with @R_Coughlan & @paultrible co-founder & CEO @Ledbury #RobinsSpeakers http://t.co/r1AfxZXq82
- It's not too late to register for Exec Ed's Mini MBA, which takes place from 9/14-12/14. Kickstart your career today! http://t.co/K5dSQtqirH
- Congrats to Andrew Brown, '14, who received Fidelity National Financial's Maverick Award for his hard work & dedication! #SpiderPride
- Prof Rohrbach, ret. tax ptnr @EYnews posed w @Deloitte mug to celebrate his students' Deloitte job/internship offers! http://t.co/LmvTaQd5Kq
- Want to expand your business POV? Register today for The Mini MBA, which takes place over 14 Mondays (9/14-12/14)! http://t.co/96McBl0Qva
- RSB students: don't forget to grab some lunch at the Welcome Back BBQ! http://t.co/6PcWfN8yQr
- Beautiful day for a BBQ! The RSB Welcome Back BBQ, co-sponsored with IBSA, is out here til 1:45! http://t.co/QymewiwZjQ
- Welcome back to RSB, Spiders! Join us Wednesday for the Welcome Back BBQ, co-sponsored by IBSA! http://t.co/GjAndyaP5n
- RT @URDining: Now at ETC and Passport- Really delicious La Bella Vita Cookies! Adam is a recent @UR_RobinsSchool grad. #local http://t.co/…
- Sign up for #PMP / #CAPM Cert. Test Prep course (9/21-9/24) & kickstart your #projectmanagement career http://t.co/aawAypSRRj
- There's still time to sign up for Exec Ed's Strategic #ProjectManagement (8/31-9/2)! Call us @ (804) 289-8019 to RSVP http://t.co/sx6D26kPgS
- Looking forward to the State of the School Address w @bagranoff and Pres. Ronald A. Crutcher! http://t.co/Ty6PIe8Xt5
- Let's welcome the fall 2015 exchange students to the Robins School! http://t.co/kdsfnU0g1e
- RT @URichmondExecEd: There's still time to register for our Mini MBA Info Session tonight. 5:30-6:15 pm Sign up now! http://t.co/SrDvSiU2kD
- Let's welcome our new fac to RSB: Dr. Cruz (Mgmt), Dr. Johnson (Econ), Dr. Klosterhalfen (Mgmt) & Dr. Sutton (Mgmt)! http://t.co/dtbJBakiOl
- RT @U_Richmond_MBA: Opening Residency field trip to Ledbury. #EarningURMBA http://t.co/7yE9ebQWcP
- Excited to host the State of the School Address on August 20! http://t.co/baE3ajcl14
- RT @boost_academy: @UR_RobinsSchool @aaahq Ben Hoyle taught me accounting in 1981. He gave me a strong foundation on which to build a great…
- Want to learn to manage people & projects successfully? Exec Ed is offering Strategic #ProjectManagement 8/31-9/2. http://t.co/ikFXWguIJa
- RSB students, 2 wks til the Welcome Back BBQ, co-sponsored w/ IBSA. We're looking forward to your return to campus! http://t.co/fRXS6xiW5l
- Sophomore Class MeetingSep024:30 PM - 5:30 PMUpdates on career opportunities, study abroad and academic offerings.
- C-Suite Conversation with Paul Trible, LedburySep097:30 AM - 9:00 AMThe Robins School of Business invites you to the 2015-2016 C-Suite Conversations, a complimentary series of... Continue reading
- Senior Class MeetingSep094:30 PM - 5:30 PMUpdates on career opportunities, study abroad and academic offerings.
- Fall Spider Career ExpoSep1012:00 PM - 4:00 PMThe Fall Spider Career Expo allows students and alumni to connect with full-time and internship opportunities! Over 60... Continue reading
- Banking Boot Camp DeadlineSep1111:55 PM - 11:55 PMThis program is designed to help prepare students for the investment banking recruiting process by demystifying the... Continue reading
- Junior Class MeetingSep164:30 PM - 5:30 PMUpdates on career opportunities, study abroad and academic offerings.
- What is Consulting?Sep165:30 PM - 7:00 PMRepresentatives from several major consulting firms will give insight into the world of consulting and provide tips to... Continue reading
- Spiders in Consulting Road Trip (Fall Break) DeadlineSep1712:00 AM - 12:00 AMWhat is Spiders in Consulting?... Continue reading
- Spiders in Marketing & Communications Road Trip (Fall Break) DeadlineSep1712:00 AM - 12:00 AMWhat is Spiders in Marketing & Communications?... Continue reading
- Spiders on Wall Street Road Trip (Fall Break) DeadlineSep1712:00 AM - 12:00 AMWhat is Spiders on Wall Street?... Continue reading