The Robins School of Business hosts two signature speaker series designed to bring together students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members for conversations on current business issues.
At the Robins School, business isn’t just a subject. It’s what we live and breathe. Our students have their fingers on the pulse of our constantly changing world, but their foundations are in the broad perspectives of the liberal arts. We're the Robins School of Business, and we're open for business enthusiasts.
We see a fiber that has been produced for 7,000 years that today accounts for 400,000 U.S. jobs and an annual global production of 25 million tons — and that 39 percent of consumers are wearing right now. Other people see a T-shirt.
We see a commodity originating in over 50 countries, with 25 million farmers producing 120 million bags a year that are consumed by 60 percent of the nation, generating $90 billion. Other people see a cup of coffee.
MBA students travel to Quito, Ecuador for Spring International Residency
MBA student gives glimpse into his work at global chemical company
The Robins School and IÉSEG utilize new technology to bring students in Richmond and France together
Robins School alumnus named managing consultant at global professional services company
Robins School student named University of Richmond's first-ever Scholar-Athlete of the Year
Robins School student named Leslie Sessoms Booker Award winner at Westhampton College Senior Celebration Night
Robins School graduate goes full steam ahead to raise awareness around multiculturalism
In the News
Faculty & Staff Highlights
- Thompson named assistant dean
Laura Thompson has been named assistant dean of undergraduate student services at the Robins School.
- Piazza named Executive Education director
Bob Piazza has been named director of Executive Education at the Robins School.
- Cohen in Harvard Business Review
Management professor Susan Cohen wrote a Harvard Business Review article, "The Top 20 Start-Up Accelerators in the U.S."
- Carlson in Journal of Advertising
Marketing professor Jeffrey Carlson published "I Eat Organic for My Benefit and Yours" in Journal of Advertising.
- Cohen featured in Forbes
Management professor Susan Cohen's Seed Accelerator Rankings Project was featured in Forbes.
- Geiger in Contemporary Accounting Research Accounting professor Marshall A. Geiger published “Auditor Fees and Auditor Independence” in Contemporary Accounting Research.
- Virginia Business Features Q-Camp Virginia Business featured Shelley Burns and the Robins School's Q-Camp program.
- Advertising Hall of Fame Election John B. Adams, Jr., chairman of The Martin Agency and Executive in Residence at the Robins School, was elected to the Advertising Hall of Fame, an award honoring individuals and corporations who have significantly raised the standard for advertising excellence.
- Ho in Journal of Management Studies Violet Ho, associate professor of management, published “Passion Isn't Always a Good Thing” in Journal of Management Studies.
Robins School on Twitter
- Where are we in the community? Dean @bagranoff in NY thru Friday for the @AICPA Board of Directors meeting.
- RSB alums @MFDell7 & Fred Bryant, co-founders @WealthForge revolutionize priv securities, look to grow @virginiabiz http://t.co/NVPea6c8Al
- RT @URNews2Use: @UR_RobinsSchool's Chadwick Curtis on interest rates in @VirginiaBiz' 'Waiting and Wondering' http://t.co/asTKiyhSGm http:…
- Congratulations to RSB alum D. Scott Showalter appointed chairman of @usfasab ! #accounting http://t.co/F8roNfxHbO
- RT @VSCPANews: Here's a look at the @AICPA's Future of Learning recommendations with @bagranoff of @UR_RobinsSchool: http://t.co/vpLx70EsHM
- . @Strategic_Mgmt podcast "Research Chatter" talks abt Prof @susleec 's seed accelerator research #seedrankings http://t.co/GENik3r8u6
- Yichi Zhang '13 @yoyoyichi co-founder of ad agency @McgannZhang featured in @AdAgeConnect for socially conscious work http://t.co/BxmUhC8vXb
- RT @SpiderMensGolf: David Germann was named a Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholar today! http://t.co/ayIYMcN9gk #OneRichmond http://t…
- Thanks to the Center for #Culinary Arts and @urspcs for hosting our Staff Luncheon! Lots of great lessons and tips!
- We're at the Center for Culinary Arts today for the RSB Staff Luncheon! http://t.co/XKNjRNO3ub
- Where are we in the community today? Dean @bagranoff attended a Greater Richmond Chamber meeting.
- Thanks to @REI for naming James River Park System among the 6 best river parks in the US! #RVA http://t.co/5nreL6lr6L
- Check out the @RTDNews profile on RSB alum Cyndi Massad, Snr VP Client Advisor w/ @SunTrust #PrivateWealthManagement http://t.co/KVkdTCXnCt
- RT @URNews2Use: Yes we did! @urichmond selected as 'Great College to Work For' by @chronicle. More details at http://t.co/gb7jlR8qoU https:…
- John Adams, retiring @MartinAgency chairman & RSB Exec-in-Residence looks on as firm moves into new hands @RTDNews http://t.co/UykdrhyVo4
- Today, @R_Coughlan is mtg w Joel Mier, VP-Product & Services #Marketing @Genworth & Tanya Cummings, principal at Momentum Resources
- Ever wonder how to get that #dreamjob? Check out the Q-camp Process video & lrn how to set yourself apart #jobhunting http://t.co/Xk10kbhtiS
- Today @eeeemartin is keynote spkr at BB&T Capital Markets’ Annual Private Equity Conf discussing #Millennials & the Age of #Disruption
- Congrats to RSB alum David D'Annunzio named CFO of @Truliant ! http://t.co/np7JRk1vFC
- Exploring a career in #projectmanagement ? Lrn what you need to know in Exec Ed's Intro to Managing Projects 7/21-22. http://t.co/d74tRmxSFG