The Robins School of Business hosts two signature speaker series designed to bring together students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members for conversations on current business issues.
At the Robins School, business isn’t just a subject. It’s what we live and breathe. Our students have their fingers on the pulse of our constantly changing world, but their foundations are in the broad perspectives of the liberal arts. We're the Robins School of Business, and we're open for business enthusiasts.
We see a fiber that has been produced for 7,000 years that today accounts for 400,000 U.S. jobs and an annual global production of 25 million tons — and that 39 percent of consumers are wearing right now. Other people see a T-shirt.
We see a commodity originating in over 50 countries, with 25 million farmers producing 120 million bags a year that are consumed by 60 percent of the nation, generating $90 billion. Other people see a cup of coffee.
MBA alumnus lands strategic client services position at multinational corporation
The Richmond MBA welcomed two married couples in its recent incoming class
Accounting professor and RSB junior present paper at American Accounting Association annual meeting
VACEOs teams up with The Richmond MBA Capstone program
MBA students travel to Quito, Ecuador for Spring International Residency
MBA student gives glimpse into his work at global chemical company
In the News
Faculty & Staff Highlights
- Monks named associate dean
Jim Monks has been named associate dean of undergraduate business programs at the Robins School.
- Thompson named assistant dean
Laura Thompson has been named assistant dean of undergraduate student services at the Robins School.
- Piazza named Executive Education director
Bob Piazza has been named director of Executive Education at the Robins School.
- Cohen featured in Forbes
Management professor Susan Cohen's Seed Accelerator Rankings Project was featured in Forbes.
- Cohen in Harvard Business Review
Management professor Susan Cohen wrote a Harvard Business Review article, "The Top 20 Start-Up Accelerators in the U.S."
- Carlson in Journal of Advertising
Marketing professor Jeffrey Carlson published "I Eat Organic for My Benefit and Yours" in Journal of Advertising.
- Geiger in Contemporary Accounting Research Accounting professor Marshall A. Geiger published “Auditor Fees and Auditor Independence” in Contemporary Accounting Research.
- Virginia Business Features Q-Camp Virginia Business featured Shelley Burns and the Robins School's Q-Camp program.
- Advertising Hall of Fame Election John B. Adams, Jr., chairman of The Martin Agency and Executive in Residence at the Robins School, was elected to the Advertising Hall of Fame, an award honoring individuals and corporations who have significantly raised the standard for advertising excellence.
Robins School on Twitter
- Wise and powerful words from Professor Saif Mehkari in Humans of Richmond. #SpiderPride https://t.co/S2HT94QVAz
- RT @URSpiderNetwork: Get your team applications in by Oct 8 for @DeloitteUS Battle of the Beltway Federal Consulting Case Competition! http…
- Photos from the Robins Executive Speaker Series with Patrick Pichette, former CFO of @Google, are up! #RobinsSpeakers http://t.co/mCDDqeo7ck
- Photos from the Robins School's Installation Ceremony are up! http://t.co/pFpCcbptw0
- . @yoyoyichi '13, co-founder @McgannZhang writes gst post on launching #ad firm & impactful memories he has of RSB http://t.co/cRSu6HERwl
- Looking forward to tomorrow morning's Dean's Discussion with Dean @bagranoff ! #FamilyWeekend #OneRichmond http://t.co/Cnp6ZR6aSC
- We were excited to host the #Accounting Advisory Board who met with Accounting faculty here at RSB today! http://t.co/nSQ5oOnXaU
- The September 2015 Robins Update is out! http://t.co/D1ypuDPCr0
- Great turnout for Robins Executive Speaker Series with Patrick Pichette, former CFO of @google ! #RobinsSpeakers http://t.co/vXyel6taA7
- Happy to have Patrick Pichette, former CFO of @google , at RSB tonight for #RobinsSpeakers !
- RT @urspcs: Coming soon! @urichmond #AdultEdExpo Oct 21: what #SPCS @UR_RobinsSchool & @URLawSchool offer #RVA adult learners: https://t.co…
- Join us for our 2nd C-Suite Conversation of the academic yr with @WealthForge ! #RobinsSpeakers https://t.co/mYBYUyXKb1
- RT @URichmondMag: The force is strong in @UR_RobinsSchool today. #thesearenottheslidesyourelookingfor https://t.co/X0uNzibXAN
- Wonder what it's like to be a @U_Richmond_MBA student? Join us Oct 14 for an information session, and learn more! http://t.co/KMhslk33Fz
- Join us for Adult Ed EXPO on Oct 21 & lrn what @U_Richmond_MBA @URichmondExecEd @urspcs & @URLawSchool have to offer! http://t.co/4HGCIfrjTv
- Looking forward to celebrating Prof Geiger as CSX Chair & Prof Kukar-Kinney as F. Carlyle Tiller Chair this evening! http://t.co/lLtbfDSQGd
- RT @URNews2Use: .@URSpiderNetwork's,@wealthforge's @MFDell7 & Fred Bryant to be @UR_RobinsSchool C-Suite guests 10/8 #RobinsSpeakers http:/…
- RT @TingleJK: TY to @UR_RobinsSchool for rolling out the red carpet for Team @Trinity_U today. @tu_business #GreatTradingRoom http://t.co/i…
- C-Suite Conversation with Mat Dellorso and Fred Bryant, WealthForgeOct087:30 AM - 9:00 AMThe Robins School of Business is proud to continue its C-Suite Conversations, a complimentary series of engaging,... Continue reading
- The Robins Mentoring Program Kickoff EventOct145:30 PM - 7:30 PMDirector of Career Programs in Business Shelley Burns will host a kickoff event for Robins School mentors and mentees.... Continue reading
- Robins Executive Speaker Series with Josh Abramson of CollegeHumor, Vimeo and TeePublicOct156:00 PM - 8:00 PMThe Robins School of Business is proud to continue its Robins Executive Speaker Series, a program established to enhance... Continue reading
- Personal Brand Series DeadlineOct1611:50 PM - 11:55 PMThe Personal Brand Series is designed to help students gain a better understanding of the value they bring to the table... Continue reading
- C-Suite Conversation with Matt Williams, The Martin AgencyOct217:30 AM - 9:00 AMThe Robins School of Business is proud to continue its complimentary series of engaging, educational opportunities for... Continue reading
- UR Adult Education EXPOOct215:30 PM - 7:30 PMLearn more about what the University of Richmond offers Richmond areas adult students and working professionals. Visit... Continue reading
- Executive Advisory Council Breakfast & MeetingOct307:30 AM - 9:30 AMThe Executive Advisory Council for the Robins School of Business will have their kick-off meeting for the 2015-2016... Continue reading
- Robins Executive Speaker Series with Dave Rosenbaum, Illumination EntertainmentNov026:00 PM - 8:00 PMThe Robins School of Business is proud to continue its Robins Executive Speaker Series, a program established to enhance... Continue reading
- Spiders in RVA: Martin Agency VisitNov061:30 PM - 4:30 PMThe Martin Agency is a full-service agency with unified capabilities in advertising, strategic planning, direct... Continue reading
- Gender and AmbitionNov104:30 PM - 5:30 PMThe Jepson School of Leadership Studies and the Robins School of Business present Bonnie Marcus for a discussion on... Continue reading