The Robins School of Business hosts two signature speaker series designed to bring together students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members for conversations on current business issues.
At the Robins School, business isn’t just a subject. It’s what we live and breathe. Our students have their fingers on the pulse of our constantly changing world, but their foundations are in the broad perspectives of the liberal arts. We're the Robins School of Business, and we're open for business enthusiasts.
We see a fiber that has been produced for 7,000 years that today accounts for 400,000 U.S. jobs and an annual global production of 25 million tons — and that 39 percent of consumers are wearing right now. Other people see a T-shirt.
We see a commodity originating in over 50 countries, with 25 million farmers producing 120 million bags a year that are consumed by 60 percent of the nation, generating $90 billion. Other people see a cup of coffee.
The Robins School and IÉSEG utilize new technology to bring students in Richmond and France together
Robins School alumnus named managing consultant at global professional services company
Robins School student named University of Richmond's first-ever Scholar-Athlete of the Year
Robins School student named Leslie Sessoms Booker Award winner at Westhampton College Senior Celebration Night
Robins School graduate goes full steam ahead to raise awareness around multiculturalism
MBA student offers glimpse inside her typical day balancing work and school
In the News
- M a y29
- M a y29
- S e p10
Faculty & Staff Highlights
- Cohen in Harvard Business Review
Management professor Susan Cohen wrote a Harvard Business Review article, "The Top 20 Start-Up Accelerators in the U.S."
- Carlson in Journal of Advertising
Marketing professor Jeffrey Carlson published "I Eat Organic for My Benefit and Yours" in Journal of Advertising.
- Cohen featured in Forbes
Management professor Susan Cohen's Seed Accelerator Rankings Project was featured in Forbes.
- Geiger in Contemporary Accounting Research Accounting professor Marshall A. Geiger published “Auditor Fees and Auditor Independence” in Contemporary Accounting Research.
- Virginia Business Features Q-Camp Virginia Business featured Shelley Burns and the Robins School's Q-Camp program.
- Advertising Hall of Fame Election John B. Adams, Jr., chairman of The Martin Agency and Executive in Residence at the Robins School, was elected to the Advertising Hall of Fame, an award honoring individuals and corporations who have significantly raised the standard for advertising excellence.
- Ho in Journal of Management Studies Violet Ho, associate professor of management, published “Passion Isn't Always a Good Thing” in Journal of Management Studies.
Robins School on Twitter
- #TBT to last week when the RSB Class of 2015 received their degrees. Congrats #RobinsSeniors ! #spidergrad2015 http://t.co/fhucyMHvXN
- Where are we in the community today? Dean @bagranoff is attending the @GRChamber Richmond Mentors Final Presentation and Wrap Up.
- Here is Prof Kumas (right) with Eugene Fama, Nobel laureate in #Economics , during the DePaul Conference http://t.co/zKKdLgxXGk
- Prof Abdullah Kumas presented "Insider Trading Activity Around Auto Recalls" at DePaul Finance & Economics Conf http://t.co/ILtPPWKp2k
- Congrats to Andi Minor, special events mgr, who earned her #CMP thru @ConvIndustry ! Thank you for all that you do! http://t.co/mLodte81eZ
- Where are we in the community today? Dean @bagranoff is in D.C. for @AICPA Spring Council meeting.
- 2 wks til Reunion Weekend! Be sure to RSVP to both RSB Alumni College Session & Reunion Weekend Reception on 5/29 http://t.co/QsiQawsAPH
- Cathy, accounting & math student, shares the traditional Chinese tea serving method w Marjorie & Pat in Dean’s Suite! http://t.co/fipwqnWcwi
- Tuesday, Dean @bagranoff attended a @GRChamber Executive Committee mtg & then she gave the Welcome at @ie_rva #startup Competition. #RVA
- Today @eeeemartin is lecturing w Prof Eric Meier, assoc dean-IT, CTO @McIntireUVA in E-McIntire Intl #Innovation Webinar
- Where were we in the community this week? Monday, Dean @bagranoff gave a professional #accounting update at @ascpalittlerock .
- RT @URNews2Use: Photo gallery from @urichmond main Commencement Sun. via @RTDPhoto, @RTDNEWS. http://t.co/wmiICJBsPl #SpiderGrad2015 http:/…
- RT @urichmond: Parts of UR Drive & Westhampton Way closed to vehicle, bike and foot traffic 5/12-8/17 http://t.co/SSypggGHty Maps: http://t…
- Photos from the Robins School's Class of 2015 Senior Wine & Cheese are up! #RobinsSeniors http://t.co/iwOBLVO1pW
- Congrats to @JepsonSchool the Spring Deans' Challenge winner! Thx for giving, alums! As promised, here are the Deans. http://t.co/daC2QS3adg
- RT @URNews2Use: Parts of UR Dr. & Westhampton Way closed to all vehicle, bike and foot traffic 5/12-8/17 http://t.co/tOoig12wRR Maps:http:/…
- RT @URNews2Use: @urichmond grants tenure to @UR_RobinsSchool Randle Raggio, marketing http://t.co/8epXbafJVI #TenureTuesday http://t.co/Kvy…
- RT @JacqueFetrow: Congratulations @UR_RobinsSchool Econ Prof Saif Mekhari as the 2015 OΔK @urichmond Faculty Member of the Year Award recip…
- Congratulations to Dr. Saif Mehkari, assistant prof of economics, named the 2015 OΔK Faculty Member of the Yr! http://t.co/A8g1lSHkiT
- Congrats Class of 2015! #spidergrad2015