The Robins School of Business hosts two signature speaker series designed to bring together students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members for conversations on current business issues.
At the Robins School, business isn’t just a subject. It’s what we live and breathe. Our students have their fingers on the pulse of our constantly changing world, but their foundations are in the broad perspectives of the liberal arts. We're the Robins School of Business, and we're open for business enthusiasts.
We see a fiber that has been produced for 7,000 years that today accounts for 400,000 U.S. jobs and an annual global production of 25 million tons — and that 39 percent of consumers are wearing right now. Other people see a T-shirt.
We see a commodity originating in over 50 countries, with 25 million farmers producing 120 million bags a year that are consumed by 60 percent of the nation, generating $90 billion. Other people see a cup of coffee.
Robins School of Business Alumni Hall of Fame recognizes E. Claiborne Robins as inaugural recipient.
The student perspective on the issue of gender inequality in the field of economics.
Two-time University of Richmond graduate shares his experience as a member of the alumni ice hockey team.
RSB strives to bring awareness to the gender inequality issue in the undergraduate economics major.
From the fashion world to the Peace Corps-how The Richmond MBA brought new direction to a career.
The Richmond MBA assists MBA student in moving from non-profit sector to consulting.
Top prize goes to an app described as "trivia crack meets predictive polling".
In the News
Robins School on Twitter
- Dean Bagranoff is the @RTDNEWS Reader of the Week. Be sure to pick up today's Metro Business section! https://t.co/alNNMRzmI6
- Two-time UR graduate shares his experience as a member of the alumni ice hockey team. https://t.co/7VdY3azDQW https://t.co/tZgNK8t5Ok
- The June edition of the Robins Update is now available: https://t.co/o91XlG09OJ
- Safe travels to Professor Kukar-Kinney as she makes her way to Germany to work on research w. co-authors at Technische Universitat Dortmund!
- The cost of street parking prices is set to go up on July 5. https://t.co/L4EVvMJ30r
- 19 terrible LinkedIn mistakes you're making https://t.co/HPxK8hrulk
- Exciting news out of #RVA: Grand opening of expanded Short Pump Park set for June 25th https://t.co/KXdG3O6upb
- Information for New Spiders! https://t.co/cbqhQvdgyh
- .@urichmond enjoyed hosting the 1300 athletes that traveled to campus to compete in @SOlympicsVA! https://t.co/qgkZMgdSvL
- DID YOU KNOW? #RSBfacts https://t.co/IlaeNTfe9H
- Here Are the 20 Best-Loved CEOs in the U.S. https://t.co/Kd43Fcy3bL
- 5 ways to get the most out of your summer internship https://t.co/YxqwBRO3WW
- Working Hard at Your Summer Job May Cut Your Financial Aid https://t.co/VtIw0YzhPK
- Warren Buffett: Do This Every Morning to Be Successful https://t.co/PQAKN91mcu
- RSB strives to bring awareness to the gender inequality issue in the undergraduate economics major. https://t.co/K0ddeKX3Em
- ICYMI https://t.co/X9Ym5ufOOj
- The 1 Trait All Great Leaders Share In Common https://t.co/pwhbVbNI3J
- The most popular college major for Wall Street. https://t.co/Rz8Ha1PFz5
- Robins School of Business, First Year Students MeetingSep284:30 PM - 5:30 PMThe Robins School of Business will hold a meeting for first year students who are interested in learning more about the... Continue reading
- Mission Possible: Entrepreneurship & InnovationSep286:00 PM - 7:00 PMStarting your own business, or transforming others – What your mission will look like, should you choose to accept... Continue reading
- INROADS Information SessionSep294:30 PM - 5:30 PMAttention multicultural Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors in all majors, are you seeking a paid summer internship with a... Continue reading
- Robins Executive Speaker Series: The Word on Wall StreetSep295:30 PM - 7:30 PMDean Nancy A. Bagranoff and the Robins School of Business will host the sixth annual Word on Wall Street for the Robins... Continue reading
- Robins School of Business, First Year Students MeetingSep3012:00 PM - 1:00 PMThe Robins School of Business will hold a meeting for first year students who are interested in learning more... Continue reading
- Bain & Company Information SessionSep3012:30 PM - 2:00 PMBain & Company representative and UR alumnus, Matthew Whittaker, '09 will be hosting an Information Session to talk... Continue reading
- Altria Headquarters TourSep302:15 PM - 5:30 PMAltria is a Fortune 200 company with its headquarters right here in Richmond, VA. Take advantage of this opportunity to... Continue reading
- UR vs. Towson Football & Tailgate hosted by the MBA Alumni SocietyOct012:00 PM - 5:30 PMThe Richmond MBA Alumni Society will host a tailgate and have a VIP watching experience in the Red Zone Hospitality Tent... Continue reading
- Stifel/KBW Information SessionOct047:00 PM - 8:00 PMAll class years within all majors are welcome to attend an Information Session with Stifel/KBW. It provides innovative... Continue reading
- U.S. General Services Administration Information SessionOct047:00 PM - 8:00 PMAll class years within all majors are welcome to attend an Information Session with U.S. General Services... Continue reading
Faculty & Staff Highlights
- Amit Eynan receives International Education Award
Professor of management recognized for exemplary acts of internationalization to benefit UR community and those beyond.
- Coughlan appointed to Goodwill's Board of Directors
Assoc. Professor of Management named to Goodwill of Central and Coastal Va.'s Board of Directors.
- Best Paper Award from the Academy of Business Research
Tom Arnold, John Earl, Adam Schwartz & Cassandra Marshall received a Best Paper Award from the Academy of Business Research for their paper, “Using “Equivalent Tax Rates’ to Determine Tax Efficient Retirement Investment and Withdrawal.”
- Pat Macaulay receives outstanding administrative staff award Macaulay has been with UR for 34 years!
- Thompson named assistant dean
Laura Thompson has been named assistant dean of undergraduate student services at the Robins School.
- Piazza named Executive Education director
Bob Piazza has been named director of Executive Education at the Robins School.
- Monks named associate dean
Jim Monks has been named associate dean of undergraduate business programs at the Robins School.
- Fishe awarded Quality of Research Discovery Award
Pat Fishe, professor of finance, won the Board of the European Association of Agricultural Economists Quality of Reaserch Discovery Award for his paper "Hedging and speculative trading in agricultural futures markets"
- Cohen receives Kauffman Foundation Grant
Susan Cohen, assistant professor of management, received a grant from the Kauffman Foundation for her research on accelerators.
- Jonathan Wight's book selected as a 2016 Outstanding Academic Title
Ethics in Economics has been selected as a 2016 Outstanding Academic Title by Choice (Association of College and Research Libraries).