The Robins School of Business hosts two signature speaker series designed to bring together students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members for conversations on current business issues.
At the Robins School, business isn’t just a subject. It’s what we live and breathe. Our students have their fingers on the pulse of our constantly changing world, but their foundations are in the broad perspectives of the liberal arts. We're the Robins School of Business, and we're open for business enthusiasts.
We see a fiber that has been produced for 7,000 years that today accounts for 400,000 U.S. jobs and an annual global production of 25 million tons — and that 39 percent of consumers are wearing right now. Other people see a T-shirt.
We see a commodity originating in over 50 countries, with 25 million farmers producing 120 million bags a year that are consumed by 60 percent of the nation, generating $90 billion. Other people see a cup of coffee.
Tim Hamilton, assistant professor of economics, examines bike-sharing programs impact on traffic congestion and automobile pollution
Senior business students share his experience as a member of the Student Managed Investment Fund
Client describes her experience working with the Robins School's Executive Education division
Kathryn Hurst, owner of KatHurst Marketing Services LLC, details Executive Education's services.
Robins School professors' paper on corporate social responsibility published in prestigious management journal
Robins School students receive grants to attend annual investment education conference
MBA alumnus lands strategic client services position at multinational corporation
The Richmond MBA welcomed two married couples in its recent incoming class
Accounting professor and RSB junior present paper at American Accounting Association annual meeting
VACEOs teams up with The Richmond MBA Capstone program
In the News
November 12: Allegiant Air to start Richmond-St.Petersburg, Fla., service in February (Richmond Times-Dispatch)
Faculty & Staff Highlights
- 'In My Shoes' column printed in RTD
SPCS and Robins School of Business adjunct professor Sara Hillgrove published an “In My Shoes” column titled What’s in It for Me? about the value of community service in the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Monks named associate dean
Jim Monks has been named associate dean of undergraduate business programs at the Robins School.
- Thompson named assistant dean
Laura Thompson has been named assistant dean of undergraduate student services at the Robins School.
- Piazza named Executive Education director
Bob Piazza has been named director of Executive Education at the Robins School.
- Cohen featured in Forbes
Management professor Susan Cohen's Seed Accelerator Rankings Project was featured in Forbes.
- Cohen in Harvard Business Review
Management professor Susan Cohen wrote a Harvard Business Review article, "The Top 20 Start-Up Accelerators in the U.S."
- Carlson in Journal of Advertising
Marketing professor Jeffrey Carlson published "I Eat Organic for My Benefit and Yours" in Journal of Advertising.
- Geiger in Contemporary Accounting Research Accounting professor Marshall A. Geiger published “Auditor Fees and Auditor Independence” in Contemporary Accounting Research.
- Virginia Business Features Q-Camp Virginia Business featured Shelley Burns and the Robins School's Q-Camp program.
Robins School on Twitter
- Last wk's #RobinsSpeakers w Dave Rosenbaum '96 VP Talent @UniversalPics Illumination Ent in @RTDNews #RobinsSpeakers https://t.co/nFuq8LKFux
- RT @URCollegian: In The Know: Peter Singer to visit UR, @UR_RobinsSchool hosts Women on Wall Street, and more https://t.co/PEdZs8oqYj https…
- RT @selfpromote: @URNews2Use @JepsonSchool @UR_RobinsSchool Looking forward to the discussion on #gender and #ambition tomorrow.
- RT @URNews2Use: .@JepsonSchool & @UR_RobinsSchool welcome Bonnie Marcus, @selfpromote, to discuss #Gender and #Ambition 11/10 https://t.co/…
- RT @URNews2Use: .@UR_RobinsSchool econ prof. Dean Croushore quoted in @washingtonpost article on Federal Reserve & interest rates https://t…
- RT @URNews2Use: Two couples share what its like to learn together in @UR_RobinsSchool MBA program bit.ly @urichmond https://t.co/OiuvR9llf8
- RT @URNews2Use: Cathy Shi ’17 & @UR_RobinsSchool Prof. Daniel Paik presented collaborative research paper @aaahq conference https://t.co/Fz…
- RT @URNews2Use: @UR_RobinsSchool’s Bill Bergman offers cure for first #job blues in a @workforcenews article #jobsearch #careertips https:/…
- Thanks so much to Dave Rosenbaum! @UniversalPics Illumination Entertainment #RobinsSpeakers #Minions https://t.co/BCNY7xqHmm
- Dave Rosenbaum talks the Despicablimp #Minions #RobinsSpeakers https://t.co/itgTh0zUf3
- We lk at everything we create as content. Every moment w audience matters-Dave Rosenbaum @UniversalPics Illumination Entertainment #Minions
- Dave Rosenbaum tlks the different platforms used in #marketing @Minions @UniversalPics Illumination Entertainment https://t.co/CrRMT9QNu0
- You have to look for themes your audience wants.-Dave Rosenbaum @UniversalPics Illumination Entertainment #Minions https://t.co/8hN2pCoISe
- Steve Carell talks the animation process behind the @DespicableMe franchise #RobinsSpeakers https://t.co/fXqNBtK4TX
- Welcome Dave Rosenbaum, '96! @UniversalPics Illumination Entertainment #Minions #RobinsSpeakers https://t.co/uiMMvKsKb7
- RT @URNews2Use: Two @URichmond & @UR_RobinsSchool professors’ paper on historic #CSR published in @AOMConnect https://t.co/f449PSqod9 by @d…
- 3 hrs til Dave Rosenbaum, '96, VP talent @UniversalPics Illumination Ent, joins us for #RobinsSpeakers ! @Minions https://t.co/bvLBTZUpPA
- RT @URNews2Use: .@UR_RobinsSchool to host #Women on #WallStreet panel to give young women role models in the field of finance 11/11 https:/…
- RT @urichmond: President Crutcher and daughter Sara backstage at the inauguration ceremony. #newspiderpres https://t.co/TWZ5xA2NTs
- RT @URNews2Use: Procession is complete and inauguration has started for 10th @urichmond president Ronald A. Crutcher. #newspiderpres https:…
- Robins School of Business Holiday Open HouseDec134:00 PM - 7:00 PMDean Nancy A. Bagranoff will be hosting the Faculty & Staff of the Robins School of Business and their guests... Continue reading
- MBA Alumni and Student Holiday CelebrationDec166:00 PM - 8:00 PMDean Nancy A. Bagranoff and Senior Associate Dean Richard Coughlan will be hosting the MBA Alumni and Student Holiday... Continue reading
- Robins School of Business Staff Holiday LunchDec1812:00 PM - 2:00 PMDean Nancy A. Bagranoff and the Associate Deans of the Robins School of Business will be hosting the Staff to an... Continue reading
- Q-campJan29All DayThe Robins School began accepting registrations for Q-camp 2016 on November 9, 2015. Q-camp is open to business school... Continue reading
- Q-campJan30All DayThe Robins School began accepting registrations for Q-camp 2016 on November 9, 2015. Q-camp is open to business school... Continue reading
- C-Suite Conversation with Melanie HealeyFeb027:30 AM - 9:00 AMThe Robins School of Business is proud to continue its complimentary series of engaging, educational opportunities for... Continue reading
- Robins School of Business Appreciation ReceptionFeb036:00 PM - 9:00 PMDean Bagranoff will host an Appreciation Reception for the Business School Executive Advisory Council, Presidents of the... Continue reading
- C-Suite Conversation with Kevin Chidwick, Elephant Auto InsuranceFeb177:30 AM - 9:00 AMPlease join us in welcoming Kevin Chidwick, chief executive officer of Elephant Auto Insurance for an unscripted,... Continue reading
- Jepson Leadership Forum: Nina MunkFeb247:00 PM - 8:15 PMThe Jepson Leadership Forum presents Nina Munk for a discussion on The Perils of Good Intentions. Munk is a Vanity... Continue reading
- Robins Executive Speaker Series: Word on Wall StreetFeb256:00 PM - 8:00 PMDean Nancy A. Bagranoff and the Robins School of Business are proud to host the fifth annual Word on Wall Street for the... Continue reading