The Robins School of Business hosts two signature speaker series designed to bring together students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members for conversations on current business issues.
At the Robins School, business isn’t just a subject. It’s what we live and breathe. Our students have their fingers on the pulse of our constantly changing world, but their foundations are in the broad perspectives of the liberal arts. We're the Robins School of Business, and we're open for business enthusiasts.
We see a fiber that has been produced for 7,000 years that today accounts for 400,000 U.S. jobs and an annual global production of 25 million tons — and that 39 percent of consumers are wearing right now. Other people see a T-shirt.
We see a commodity originating in over 50 countries, with 25 million farmers producing 120 million bags a year that are consumed by 60 percent of the nation, generating $90 billion. Other people see a cup of coffee.
This semester's book: Are You Smart Enough to Work at Google?
Professor Shital Thekdi gives students new perspective on data
Professor Erik Johnson's research can bring Fortune 1000 companies to RVA
Robins alumnus making a difference in first year out of school
Students polished their networking skills in annual Q-camp
Robins students traveled to Philadelphia for AKPsi.
Dr. Adam Marquardt introduces students to real world of sports marketing.
Katherine Rockwell, '17, spent summer 2016 on the field.
Kelly Power, '17, hosted a branding workshop for current students.
Robins School of Business Alumni Hall of Fame recognizes E. Claiborne Robins as inaugural recipient.
The student perspective on the issue of gender inequality in the field of economics.
Two-time University of Richmond graduate shares his experience as a member of the alumni ice hockey team.
In the News
Robins School on Twitter
- #TOMORROW Join us for a C-Suite Conversation with Studio Squared Pres. Ron Carey and @R_Coughlan https://t.co/X9pF8Cwau0
- We are thrilled to have a full house for our Watts Lecture featuring @ClevelandFed President Loretta Mester https://t.co/iq493GRYw4
- #TOMORROW join us as @ClevelandFed CEO Loretta Mester speaks on campus. https://t.co/vu7ARiAz1a https://t.co/F40UUX7B3t
- RT @KVideographerUR: Highlights from @SpiderMBB win in #NIT matchup vs. Oakland (first edit with iPhone) #onerichmond https://t.co/XbbD3alx…
- RT @R_Coughlan: Coach Mooney on what makes @SpiderMBB DeMonte Buckingham so special: "He's confident in an old-fashioned way..." https://t.…
- RT @URNews2Use: University of Richmond announces commencement speakers https://t.co/h3zc1dpsyL via @rtdnews; @UR_RobinsSchool @JepsonSchool…
- Our Jonathan Wight is referenced in this @RTDNEWS column by @richmondas prof Stephen Nash about guaranteed income https://t.co/QSvBjubZxe
- #NEW The Richmond MBA jumped more than 20 spots on the @USNewsEducation rankings of Part Time MBA programs. https://t.co/7MWrQqF8La
- RT @URNews2Use: Join @UR_RobinsSchool 3/23. Hear from Studio Squared pres on working w/ @Walmart, @Starbucks on internal networks. https://…
- Happy National #SpiderDay! @urichmond https://t.co/f49l75CK2t
- RT @R_Coughlan: It was fun to have a small part in identifying Richmond's top employers. @RichmondMag did a beautiful job in putting the st…
- RT @URNews2Use: #urichmond celebrates #SpiderPride 3/14, National Spider Day. Wear red & blue + meet @TarrantSpider & her friends! https://…
- RT @URNews2Use: @UR_RobinsSchool's @R_Coughlan discusses "Great Places to Work" in latest issue of @RichmondMag https://t.co/v10cPIWtYb
- TUNE IN as @R_Coughlan chats with @SpiderMBB coach Chris Mooney about Wednesday's win over @UMassAthletics https://t.co/p7rUwn8QoX
- Kudos to @dcrousho and his students who were cited in the @WSJ @SoberLook for their research on homeownership rates https://t.co/H9aLjDrLT4
- RT @Entrepreneur: Want to Be a Successful Entrepreneur? Do What You Know. https://t.co/VqqVjYcaYV
- Congrats to Profs Saif Mehkari and @JudithSStirling who were tenured this month! Find out more about them here: https://t.co/sjpxCw2T1x
- RT @URNews2Use: Visiting prof. @fredtalbott (@UR_RobinsSchool) discusses his course & workshop 'The Empathy Project' https://t.co/3dQaxDMFw…
- #ICYMI @dcrousho comments on the Federal Reserve and Jeffrey Lacker's legacy at the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond https://t.co/VrE2kYFsaS
- Here's what's going on this month at Robins. https://t.co/1jcrb842mU
- Life After Richmond: Destination SomewhereMar276:00 PM - 7:00 PMA part of the Life After Richmond series…... Continue reading
- VCU Center for Sport Leadership Information SessionMar277:00 PM - 8:00 PMAbby Bergakker, business manager for the VCU Center for Sport Leadership will be hosting an Information Session to talk... Continue reading
- KPMG Office HoursMar289:00 AM - 4:00 PMHeather Rice, ’02, a Federal Tax Managing Director at KPMG will be on the University of Richmond campus hosting... Continue reading
- Demystifying the Richmond Guarantee: Obtaining Funding for Summer InternshipsMar285:00 PM - 6:00 PMWhat is the Richmond Guarantee? How do I access up to $4000 to support my internship experience? What do I need to do to... Continue reading
- Professional Communication WorkshopMar285:00 PM - 6:00 PM“Just reach out to some alumni who work there!”... Continue reading
- Interview WorkshopMar295:30 PM - 6:30 PMIf you will be searching for internships or jobs this year, it’s time to begin preparing for interviews! The... Continue reading
- Robins Summer Business Institute Information SessionMar305:30 PM - 6:15 PMThe Robins Summer Business Institute is an intensive two-week program for non-business majors that provides a... Continue reading
- Q2Mar3110:00 AM - 3:45 PMSummer internship, are you ready? Junior business majors and minors are invited to attend Q2 on Friday, March 31, 2017.... Continue reading
- Spider Management Site VisitMar3112:30 PM - 4:30 PM**Please note this opportunity is only open to women who intend to graduate from May 2019 - May 2020.** ... Continue reading
- Applying to Graduate School WorkshopApr035:00 PM - 6:00 PMLearn about the graduate school selection and application process and get all your questions answered by a career... Continue reading
Faculty & Staff Highlights
- Marketing professor receives grant from the Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges
Sara Hanson, assistant professor of marketing, received a grant that will fund research she is completing with Monika Kukar-Kinney on consumer coupon sharing.
- U.S. News ranks MBA program 33rd in nation The Richmond MBA places 33rd among part-time graduate programs by U.S. News & World Report's annual ranking.
- Dean Bagranoff elected to AACSB Board
Dean Nancy Bagranoff will serve as a Representative of an Institution from the U.S. on the AACSB's Board of Directors for 2017.
- Accounting professor awarded grant for study on big data
Ashley Austin, assistant accounting professor, was awarded a $10,000 grant by the Institute of Fraud Prevention for her study "The Impact of Big Data and Data Analytics on Fighting Fraud."
- Amit Eynan receives International Education Award
Professor of management recognized for exemplary acts of internationalization to benefit UR community and those beyond.
- Coughlan appointed to Goodwill's Board of Directors
Assoc. Professor of Management named to Goodwill of Central and Coastal Va.'s Board of Directors.
- Best Paper Award from the Academy of Business Research
Tom Arnold, John Earl, Adam Schwartz & Cassandra Marshall received a Best Paper Award from the Academy of Business Research for their paper, “Using “Equivalent Tax Rates’ to Determine Tax Efficient Retirement Investment and Withdrawal.”
- Pat Macaulay receives outstanding administrative staff award Macaulay has been with UR for 34 years!
- Piazza named Executive Education director
Bob Piazza has been named director of Executive Education at the Robins School.
- Thompson named assistant dean
Laura Thompson has been named assistant dean of undergraduate student services at the Robins School.