The Robins School of Business hosts two signature speaker series designed to bring together students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members for conversations on current business issues.
At the Robins School, business isn’t just a subject. It’s what we live and breathe. Our students have their fingers on the pulse of our constantly changing world, but their foundations are in the broad perspectives of the liberal arts. We're the Robins School of Business, and we're open for business enthusiasts.
We see a fiber that has been produced for 7,000 years that today accounts for 400,000 U.S. jobs and an annual global production of 25 million tons — and that 39 percent of consumers are wearing right now. Other people see a T-shirt.
We see a commodity originating in over 50 countries, with 25 million farmers producing 120 million bags a year that are consumed by 60 percent of the nation, generating $90 billion. Other people see a cup of coffee.
MBA students travel to Quito, Ecuador for Spring International Residency
MBA student gives glimpse into his work at global chemical company
The Robins School and IÉSEG utilize new technology to bring students in Richmond and France together
Robins School alumnus named managing consultant at global professional services company
Robins School student named University of Richmond's first-ever Scholar-Athlete of the Year
Robins School student named Leslie Sessoms Booker Award winner at Westhampton College Senior Celebration Night
Robins School graduate goes full steam ahead to raise awareness around multiculturalism
In the News
Faculty & Staff Highlights
- Thompson named assistant dean
Laura Thompson has been named assistant dean of undergraduate student services at the Robins School.
- Piazza named Executive Education director
Bob Piazza has been named director of Executive Education at the Robins School.
- Cohen in Harvard Business Review
Management professor Susan Cohen wrote a Harvard Business Review article, "The Top 20 Start-Up Accelerators in the U.S."
- Carlson in Journal of Advertising
Marketing professor Jeffrey Carlson published "I Eat Organic for My Benefit and Yours" in Journal of Advertising.
- Cohen featured in Forbes
Management professor Susan Cohen's Seed Accelerator Rankings Project was featured in Forbes.
- Geiger in Contemporary Accounting Research Accounting professor Marshall A. Geiger published “Auditor Fees and Auditor Independence” in Contemporary Accounting Research.
- Virginia Business Features Q-Camp Virginia Business featured Shelley Burns and the Robins School's Q-Camp program.
- Advertising Hall of Fame Election John B. Adams, Jr., chairman of The Martin Agency and Executive in Residence at the Robins School, was elected to the Advertising Hall of Fame, an award honoring individuals and corporations who have significantly raised the standard for advertising excellence.
- Ho in Journal of Management Studies Violet Ho, associate professor of management, published “Passion Isn't Always a Good Thing” in Journal of Management Studies.
Robins School on Twitter
- Are you exploring #projectmanagement? Join Exec Ed for Intro to Managing Projects 7/21-7/22 to kickstart your career! http://t.co/JmvvSooxCh
- . @R_Coughlan shares tips to assessing the #decisions we made this year @LinkedInPulse #values #leadership http://t.co/wbZNYZOl2v
- It's officially the middle of summer! Here are some tips for standing out at your #internship this year. @levoleague http://t.co/nkZgsNCQM6
- Do you train employees at your org? Exec Ed offering Train-the-Trainer 7/20-24 w Dr.Ed Jones-top specialist in the US http://t.co/g4IZBrdeWu
- In honor of @Tru_Harp32 playing on @DetroitPistons summer tm, check out the story we did last yr on his rising career http://t.co/lMs4DT8Yu6
- Justin Harper @Tru_Harp32 '11 will play for @DetroitPistons in @NBA summer-league competition @RTDNews #OneRichmond http://t.co/CYL1lP2UfB
- . @MikeWoitach '14 & @ConfluenceCofCo blazing trail for nitro-infused cold-brew #coffee on East Coast @washingtonpost http://t.co/qhc0MHOfRw
- #tbt to the Senior Shout Outs video! Check out all the Spider-love. #RobinsSeniors #wemissyouall http://t.co/BYKNJwGfAd
- Who did we connect w this wk? Yesterday @eeeemartin dir of #Innovation & #Entrepreneurship prog met w Glen Sink & colleagues @RichmondSCORE
- RT @URNews2Use: @ShelbyBrownCBS6 interviews @UR_RobinsSchool's Tom Arnold about Martins/Food Lion companies' merger. http://t.co/4DkJpqLk95…
- RT @URNews2Use: @UR_RobinsSchool marketing professor Adam Marquardt provides insight for this @NBC12 story. https://t.co/TwSGwpaYiK
- RSB students Elaine Digges/Stathi Kyriakides/Yash Jhunjhunwala/Ruojing Jia represented UR at @InvestEdInc Conf http://t.co/vx0Q87PdHH
- RT @URNews2Use: @UR_RobinsSchool profs interviewed on Food Lion, Martin's parent companies merger. Stories tonite on @NBC12 & @CBS6 http://…
- RT @officialsigep: Our RDs have completed their @urichmond @UR_RobinsSchool Executive Education program. Thanks Nettie and Deborah! http://…
- Check out the video from @URichmond Class of 2015 Graduation day! #SpiderGrad2015 http://t.co/1BkKF3lvE5
- Check out @R_Coughlan 's latest article "Bringing #Values to Life at Work" at @LinkedInPulse http://t.co/We78JW4QGt
- Are you responsible for training employees in your firm? Exec Ed is offering Train-the-Trainer 7/20-7/24. Lrn more: http://t.co/DBjRsDXgZl
- The Robins School does the @GRChamber Annual Meeting! Photos courtesy of Greater Richmond Chamber http://t.co/qBo8m4I7jw
- Today, Dean @bagranoff passed the gavel to Sam Young @AstyraCorp , incoming chair, during @GRChamber Annual Meeting. http://t.co/kTeSednL96
- Are you an aspiring project mgr? Join Exec Ed for Intro to Managing Projects 7/21-7/22 to jumpstart your #PM career! http://t.co/jFld19RwX5
- S e p10