The Robins School of Business hosts two signature speaker series designed to bring together students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members for conversations on current business issues.
At the Robins School, business isn’t just a subject. It’s what we live and breathe. Our students have their fingers on the pulse of our constantly changing world, but their foundations are in the broad perspectives of the liberal arts. We're the Robins School of Business, and we're open for business enthusiasts.
We see a fiber that has been produced for 7,000 years that today accounts for 400,000 U.S. jobs and an annual global production of 25 million tons — and that 39 percent of consumers are wearing right now. Other people see a T-shirt.
We see a commodity originating in over 50 countries, with 25 million farmers producing 120 million bags a year that are consumed by 60 percent of the nation, generating $90 billion. Other people see a cup of coffee.
Maurice King, R'85, reviewed student research on NIKE Golf
The business fraternity supports community for Easter
Dianna Kelly, GB'17, gives back to NCS in new project
Welcome Joanne Even to Executive Education!
Ben Eubanks, GB'13, scores in new business venture
This semester's book: Are You Smart Enough to Work at Google?
Professor Shital Thekdi gives students new perspective on data
Professor Erik Johnson's research can bring Fortune 1000 companies to RVA
Robins alumnus making a difference in first year out of school
Students polished their networking skills in annual Q-camp
Robins students traveled to Philadelphia for AKPsi.
Dr. Adam Marquardt introduces students to real world of sports marketing.
Katherine Rockwell, '17, spent summer 2016 on the field.
Kelly Power, '17, hosted a branding workshop for current students.
In the News
Robins School on Twitter
- It's as if Mother Nature knows it's #FinalsWeek @urichmond #RainyDay https://t.co/woZITKCn08
- Students from @UR_RobinsSchool and @URLawSchool present to @UNOSNews as final project. https://t.co/9vaZUcGdhb
- TUESDAY: Take a break from studying and stop by the Robins School for a bite! @JepsonSchool @urichmond @richmondas https://t.co/4JlMu27vhx
- RT @URNews2Use: .@urichmond Students win big in @UR_RobinsSchool Business Pitch Competition https://t.co/rfiDxOOd9I #Entrepreneurship #inno…
- Special thanks to @racrutcher for joining us for our Fiscal Policies panel! #RobinsSpeakers https://t.co/z5rGcLmoy6
- RT @U_Richmond_MBA: Know an #EarningURMBA alumnus who's making a difference? Nominate them for our award here! https://t.co/uHCJa5dV51
- #EarningURMBA alumnus Phil Hendrix is in this week's @RTDNEWS for his new franchise: in home personal training. https://t.co/1BUxn3HGqK
- RT @URNews2Use: Optimism high among CEOs of small to medium-sized businesses in region, @UR_RobinsSchool survey shows https://t.co/zP3zrWkF…
- RT @VAChamber: .@UR_RobinsSchool, @vaceos survey index hits second consecutive all-time high https://t.co/vVnMC3iE78 #vabiz
- Thank you U of R for such a wonderful night! Class of 2017 is so grateful for the past 4 years at RSB! #RSBseniordinner #RSBseniortakeover
- Congratulations Class of 2017- we made it! https://t.co/UYkZEKsCd0
- Buses are loaded. VMFA here we come! #RSBseniordinner #RSBseniortakeover
- Getting ready for #RSBSeniorDinner! Can't wait for students to arrive 🥂 https://t.co/p4TbfDCy3b
- T-55 minutes until the buses leave for #rsbseniordinner - start getting ready! #rsbseniortakeover
- Today is the perfect chance to thank your favorite professor and ask if they are coming to #rsbseniordinner
- We are staging a #rsbseniortakeover! The Class of 2017 is running Robins Facebook & Twitter to celebrate #rsbseniordinner- get excited!
- #ICYMI @URCollegian featured our Summer Business Institute! Deadline to apply is THIS Saturday 4/15! https://t.co/OJncD2Wx6k
- RT @URNews2Use: .@UR_RobinsSchool MBA graduate Robert Reynolds, will speak at MBA #commencement 5/6 11:30am https://t.co/oTZh4HwcS4
- RT @RTDNEWS: AT&T to buy Henrico County company for $1.6 billion. https://t.co/mhckbWGFwL
- DEADLINE: Only 1 week left to apply for our Summer Business Institute. Apply Today! https://t.co/XhFxjzJVuj https://t.co/Qut2gdYTK2
- RSB Faculty & Staff Meeting and BrunchMay059:00 AM - 11:00 AMThis will be the last faculty meeting of the 2016-2017 academic year during which we will celebrate colleagues'... Continue reading
- MBA Graduate ReceptionMay055:30 PM - 7:30 PMThe faculty and staff of the Robins School of Business will host a reception honoring the Class of 2017 MBA Graduates.... Continue reading
- RSB Senior Wine & Cheese ReceptionMay064:00 PM - 6:00 PMDean Nancy A. Bagranoff and the Robins School of Business will host the Annual Senior Wine & Cheese Reception,... Continue reading
Faculty & Staff Highlights
- "Doubting Discounts" research is awarded grant
The Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges awarded Jeff Carlson, assistant professor of marketing, a grant to fund research on consumers' perception of price discounts.
- Marketing professor receives grant from the Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges
Sara Hanson, assistant professor of marketing, received a grant that will fund research she is completing with Monika Kukar-Kinney on consumer coupon sharing.
- U.S. News ranks MBA program 33rd in nation The Richmond MBA places 33rd among part-time graduate programs by U.S. News & World Report's annual ranking.
- Dean Bagranoff elected to AACSB Board
Dean Nancy Bagranoff will serve as a Representative of an Institution from the U.S. on the AACSB's Board of Directors for 2017.
- Accounting professor awarded grant for study on big data
Ashley Austin, assistant accounting professor, was awarded a $10,000 grant by the Institute of Fraud Prevention for her study "The Impact of Big Data and Data Analytics on Fighting Fraud."
- Amit Eynan receives International Education Award
Professor of management recognized for exemplary acts of internationalization to benefit UR community and those beyond.
- Coughlan appointed to Goodwill's Board of Directors
Assoc. Professor of Management named to Goodwill of Central and Coastal Va.'s Board of Directors.
- Best Paper Award from the Academy of Business Research
Tom Arnold, John Earl, Adam Schwartz & Cassandra Marshall received a Best Paper Award from the Academy of Business Research for their paper, “Using “Equivalent Tax Rates’ to Determine Tax Efficient Retirement Investment and Withdrawal.”
- Pat Macaulay receives outstanding administrative staff award Macaulay has been with UR for 34 years!
- Piazza named Executive Education director
Bob Piazza has been named director of Executive Education at the Robins School.