The Robins School of Business hosts two signature speaker series designed to bring together students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members for conversations on current business issues.
At the Robins School, business isn’t just a subject. It’s what we live and breathe. Our students have their fingers on the pulse of our constantly changing world, but their foundations are in the broad perspectives of the liberal arts. We're the Robins School of Business, and we're open for business enthusiasts.
We see a fiber that has been produced for 7,000 years that today accounts for 400,000 U.S. jobs and an annual global production of 25 million tons — and that 39 percent of consumers are wearing right now. Other people see a T-shirt.
We see a commodity originating in over 50 countries, with 25 million farmers producing 120 million bags a year that are consumed by 60 percent of the nation, generating $90 billion. Other people see a cup of coffee.
Top prize goes to an app described as "trivia crack meets predictive polling".
Over 40 international business professionals traveled to Richmond for the annual spring meeting
An Introduction from the Robins School's new associate dean and director of The Richmond MBA
Senior FP&A analyst, newlywed and graduate student describes how she achieves a work/life balance
In the News
Faculty & Staff Highlights
- Amit Eynan receives International Education Award
Professor of management recognized for exemplary acts of internationalization to benefit UR community and those beyond.
- Coughlan appointed to Goodwill's Board of Directors
Assoc. Professor of Management named to Goodwill of Central and Coastal Va.'s Board of Directors.
- Best Paper Award from the Academy of Business Research
Tom Arnold, John Earl, Adam Schwartz & Cassandra Marshall received a Best Paper Award from the Academy of Business Research for their paper, “Using “Equivalent Tax Rates’ to Determine Tax Efficient Retirement Investment and Withdrawal.”
- Pat Macaulay receives outstanding administrative staff award Macaulay has been with UR for 34 years!
- Piazza named Executive Education director
Bob Piazza has been named director of Executive Education at the Robins School.
- Thompson named assistant dean
Laura Thompson has been named assistant dean of undergraduate student services at the Robins School.
- Monks named associate dean
Jim Monks has been named associate dean of undergraduate business programs at the Robins School.
- Fishe awarded Quality of Research Discovery Award
Pat Fishe, professor of finance, won the Board of the European Association of Agricultural Economists Quality of Reaserch Discovery Award for his paper "Hedging and speculative trading in agricultural futures markets"
- Cohen receives Kauffman Foundation Grant
Susan Cohen, assistant professor of management, received a grant from the Kauffman Foundation for her research on accelerators.
- Jonathan Wight's book selected as a 2016 Outstanding Academic Title
Ethics in Economics has been selected as a 2016 Outstanding Academic Title by Choice (Association of College and Research Libraries).
Robins School on Twitter
- Top prize goes to an app described as "trivia crack meets predictive polling". https://t.co/aXTp1ltfW6
- Bob Piazza, Randy Raggio & Debbie Fisher, leadership from RSB, took part in the @vaceos retreat this week! https://t.co/8DDkbU1zzO
- Ekman, Associate Professor of Marketing, has been working w. RSB since '06 alongside @U_Richmond_MBA director Raggio & Professor Thompson.
- Enjoyed having Professor Peter Ekman of Malardalen University, Sweden at RSB to continue his work on a real estate sustainability project!
- Watch for these common mistakes https://t.co/79m0932lL5
- Best Brunch Spots in VA! Two of which are in #RVA https://t.co/fOS0Rpez2v via @VisitVirginia
- 13 Ways To Master The Transition From College To The Real World https://t.co/FWlBZUVCah via @HuffingtonPost
- New Venture Creation class during undergrad leads to entrepreneurship post grad. https://t.co/Qwpek4okfx @TrilogyMentors
- Check out the top 10 consulting firms for 2016 https://t.co/CQZeaHPZSV
- The end is in sight! #RobinsSeniors16 https://t.co/mPtLZMbjcl
- RT @CNN: How much would you pay for a flight upgrade? Real-time open auctions are coming to aviation https://t.co/i2hYWXQt3y
- One of the region’s biggest arts & crafts festivals, #ArtsinthePark, returns to @ByrdParkdotnet this weekend! https://t.co/1MUJWQpnHo
- The April Robins Update #newsletter is now available! https://t.co/9cf1L19D61 This month's theme is #innovation & #entrepreneurship.
- Where do you hope the Diamond moves? https://t.co/Mtrl7WbsNz
- We're happy to welcome the new dean for @richmondas & dean for @WesthamptonColl to the #SpiderFamily! https://t.co/fuLOvPGKXc @urichmond
- Congratulations & best wishes to our international students! @urichmond https://t.co/W2OIOraiQt
- Robins School had the MOST money raised during the #SpringSchoolChallenge! We're counting that as a win in our book! #THANKYOUDONORS
- Faculty & Staff Meeting & BrunchMay069:00 AM - 11:00 AMLast meeting of the semester. Open to all Robins School of Business faculty and staff.
- MBA Graduation ReceptionMay065:00 PM - 7:00 PMA reception honoring the MBA graduating class of 2016.
- Spiders in Entrepreneurship & Innovation Road TripMay1012:00 AM - 12:00 AMThe Spiders in Entrepreneurship & Innovation Road Trip (e-Spiders) is a new road trip hosted by the Robins School of... Continue reading
- Spiders on Wall Street Road TripMay1112:00 AM - 12:00 AMSpiders on Wall Street is an annual road trip hosted by the Office of Alumni & Career Services designed to expose... Continue reading
- Spiders in FashionMay195:30 PM - 8:30 PMInterested in a fashion or media job or internship in New York City? Marissa Klein, ’99, Founder... Continue reading