The Robins School of Business hosts two signature speaker series designed to bring together students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members for conversations on current business issues.
At the Robins School, business isn’t just a subject. It’s what we live and breathe. Our students have their fingers on the pulse of our constantly changing world, but their foundations are in the broad perspectives of the liberal arts. We're the Robins School of Business, and we're open for business enthusiasts.
We see a fiber that has been produced for 7,000 years that today accounts for 400,000 U.S. jobs and an annual global production of 25 million tons — and that 39 percent of consumers are wearing right now. Other people see a T-shirt.
We see a commodity originating in over 50 countries, with 25 million farmers producing 120 million bags a year that are consumed by 60 percent of the nation, generating $90 billion. Other people see a cup of coffee.
Robins School student named University of Richmond's first-ever Scholar-Athlete of the Year
Robins School student named Leslie Sessoms Booker Award winner at Westhampton College Senior Celebration Night
Robins School graduate goes full steam ahead to raise awareness around multiculturalism
MBA student offers glimpse inside her typical day balancing work and school
Seven finalists pitch their ventures for the chance to win funding in final round of the 2014 Business Pitch Competition
Faculty & Staff Highlights
- Geiger in Contemporary Accounting Research Accounting professor Marshall A. Geiger published “Auditor Fees and Auditor Independence” in Contemporary Accounting Research.
- Virginia Business Features Q-Camp Virginia Business featured Shelley Burns and the Robins School's Q-Camp program.
- Advertising Hall of Fame Election John B. Adams, Jr., chairman of The Martin Agency and Executive in Residence at the Robins School, was elected to the Advertising Hall of Fame, an award honoring individuals and corporations who have significantly raised the standard for advertising excellence.
- Ho in Journal of Management Studies Violet Ho, associate professor of management, published “Passion Isn't Always a Good Thing” in Journal of Management Studies.
- M a r31
- A p r03
- A p r09
- A p r10
- A p r10
- A p r15
- A p r17
- A p r17
In the News
Robins School on Twitter
- Today @eeeemartin dir of Innovation & Entrepreneurship Prog, is assisting @innovationlab team on dev of their @HarvardHBS -based project.
- Congrats Team Cataluna on 2nd place in the Robins Debate! http://t.co/rJRuHuKT19
- Congratulations Team Burton named first place, and Team Cataluna named 2nd place of the 2015 Robins Debate! http://t.co/H0tkJLAOHW
- Fierce debate between the government and opposition. A model of debate strategies and argumentation! http://t.co/k97wIoLZpU
- Final round kicks off with Team Cataluna! http://t.co/bBK2DvouDm
- Final Round of the Robins Debate starts in 10! Come cheer on your peers as they compete for $2,000!
- Last nite the 2nd half of 146 RSB students who'll be studying abroad next fall completed orientation. #SpidersAbroad http://t.co/PJ5LfuRYpd
- Teams debate quantitative easing in the first round of the Robins Debate. http://t.co/QKeGuqras2
- And now the opposition... http://t.co/DoOOY9FTaD
- The Government has the floor http://t.co/2REjceI6sg
- First round of the Robins Debate kicks off now! http://t.co/zrHrBIdLky
- RT @BGreenery: Bill Goodwin of CCA speaking at University of Richmond CEO Series. Commenting on Richmond's need for Children's Hospital.
- Join us for the Robins Debate in a few!
- RT @URNews2Use: "Goodwin says children's hospital could be a 'dominant force' for region” during @UR_RobinsSchool event http://t.co/wMWixg9…
- RT @urichmond: @UR_RobinsSchool Check out this great article! Thanks for sharing, @jrspiers.
- RT @URNews2Use: "Bill Goodwin shares insight, touches on hospital project at @UR_RobinsSchool event" http://t.co/V0wbASIwRd via @rvabizsense
- RT @BusinessSchools: The Financial Education Daily is out! http://t.co/VRMYfDPFre Stories via @ESADEexed @UR_RobinsSchool @websteru
- ICYMI: @rvabizsense covers yesterday's C-Suite w Bill Goodwin, CCA Industries #RobinsSpeakers http://t.co/jvXooD0KFX
- Join us 3/31 for Aspire to Lead '15: The Confidence Code, where a panel will spk on women & #leadership http://t.co/LCTkGnZAYh
- Join us as The Richmond MBA hosts a live online Q&A session w/ @R_Coughlan & current students on April 2, 12PM. http://t.co/Tqrhck23Bp