The Robins School of Business hosts two signature speaker series designed to bring together students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members for conversations on current business issues.
At the Robins School, business isn’t just a subject. It’s what we live and breathe. Our students have their fingers on the pulse of our constantly changing world, but their foundations are in the broad perspectives of the liberal arts. We're the Robins School of Business, and we're open for business enthusiasts.
We see a fiber that has been produced for 7,000 years that today accounts for 400,000 U.S. jobs and an annual global production of 25 million tons — and that 39 percent of consumers are wearing right now. Other people see a T-shirt.
We see a commodity originating in over 50 countries, with 25 million farmers producing 120 million bags a year that are consumed by 60 percent of the nation, generating $90 billion. Other people see a cup of coffee.
Pre-med and business student helps coordinate first government-approved drone delivery of medication
Tim Hamilton, assistant professor of economics, examines bike-sharing programs impact on traffic congestion and automobile pollution
Senior business students share his experience as a member of the Student Managed Investment Fund
Client describes her experience working with the Robins School's Executive Education division
Robins School professors' paper on corporate social responsibility published in prestigious management journal
Robins School students receive grants to attend annual investment education conference
MBA alumnus lands strategic client services position at multinational corporation
The Richmond MBA welcomed two married couples in its recent incoming class
Accounting professor and RSB junior present paper at American Accounting Association annual meeting
In the News
November 12: Allegiant Air to start Richmond-St.Petersburg, Fla., service in February (Richmond Times-Dispatch)
Faculty & Staff Highlights
- Thompson named assistant dean
Laura Thompson has been named assistant dean of undergraduate student services at the Robins School.
- Piazza named Executive Education director
Bob Piazza has been named director of Executive Education at the Robins School.
- Monks named associate dean
Jim Monks has been named associate dean of undergraduate business programs at the Robins School.
- Fishe awarded Quality of Research Discovery Award
Pat Fishe, professor of finance, won the Board of the European Association of Agricultural Economists Quality of Reaserch Discovery Award for his paper "Hedging and speculative trading in agricultural futures markets"
- Cohen receives Kauffman Foundation Grant
Susan Cohen, assistant professor of management, received a grant from the Kauffman Foundation for her research on accelerators.
- Jonathan Wight's book selected as a 2016 Outstanding Academic Title
Ethics in Economics has been selected as a 2016 Outstanding Academic Title by Choice (Association of College and Research Libraries).
- 'In My Shoes' column printed in RTD
SPCS and Robins School of Business adjunct professor Sara Hillgrove published an “In My Shoes” column titled What’s in It for Me? about the value of community service in the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Cohen in Harvard Business Review
Management professor Susan Cohen wrote a Harvard Business Review article, "The Top 20 Start-Up Accelerators in the U.S."
- Carlson in Journal of Advertising
Marketing professor Jeffrey Carlson published "I Eat Organic for My Benefit and Yours" in Journal of Advertising.
- Cohen featured in Forbes
Management professor Susan Cohen's Seed Accelerator Rankings Project was featured in Forbes.
Robins School on Twitter
- Registration is open! Reserve your spot today https://t.co/GCFWPTNkPe
- RT @URNews2Use: .@UR_RobinsSchool management prof. @susleec awarded grant supporting #Accelerator research https://t.co/4wH5YJUGG6 https://…
- "At the end of the day, you have to have goals. You have to have something to work towards in life." #melaniehealeycsuite #robinsspeakers
- "You can't plan everything, but you should plan experiences that let you grow as a leader," Melanie #melaniehealeycsuite #robinsspeakers
- Melanie Healey started with P&G in Brazil, her home country, in 1990. #melaniehealeycsuite #robinsspeakers
- Deloitte Office HoursFeb1110:00 AM - 3:00 PMReserve your individual meeting time by February 9 to meet (30 minutes) with a representative at Deloitte (Accounting).... Continue reading
- Focused Friday: Peer to Peer - Navigating RSB and Career Services for Student SuccessFeb1211:30 AM - 1:30 PMHeld each Friday in February, Focused Friday's is a series designed for undergraduate business students. The four Friday... Continue reading
- Spiders in RVA: AccountingFeb1212:00 PM - 6:00 PMVisit the Richmond offices of Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP and Deloitte to see the working environments and cultures of... Continue reading
- Altria Headquarters TourFeb121:30 PM - 5:00 PMVisit the Altria Headquarters to meet recruiters and alumni, learn more about opportunities in the marketing division,... Continue reading
- C-Suite Conversation with Kevin Chidwick, Elephant Auto InsuranceFeb177:30 AM - 9:00 AMPlease join us in welcoming Kevin Chidwick, chief executive officer of Elephant Auto Insurance for an unscripted,... Continue reading
- American University - Kogod School of BusinessFeb1811:00 AM - 2:00 PMDavid Green, director of admissions with American University Kogod School of Business will be hosting an Information... Continue reading
- Focused Friday: Solving the Plannng Puzzle with Data: Efficient Planning of Competing NeedsFeb1911:30 AM - 1:30 PMWith countless pieces to assemble and no box top to reference, planning a web project is an extremely complicated puzzle... Continue reading
- Mission Possible: Entrepreneurship & InnovationFeb226:00 PM - 7:00 PMStarting your own business, or transforming others – What your mission will look like, should you choose to accept... Continue reading
- Executive Advisory Council MeetingFeb247:30 AM - 9:30 AMThe Executive Advisory Council for the Robins School of Business will have their spring meeting for the 2015-2016... Continue reading
- Red Ventures Office HoursFeb241:30 PM - 4:20 PMRed Ventures, a technology-driven marketing and sales services company will be holding Office Hours on Wednesday,... Continue reading