The Robins School of Business hosts two signature speaker series designed to bring together students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members for conversations on current business issues.
At the Robins School, business isn’t just a subject. It’s what we live and breathe. Our students have their fingers on the pulse of our constantly changing world, but their foundations are in the broad perspectives of the liberal arts. We're the Robins School of Business, and we're open for business enthusiasts.
We see a fiber that has been produced for 7,000 years that today accounts for 400,000 U.S. jobs and an annual global production of 25 million tons — and that 39 percent of consumers are wearing right now. Other people see a T-shirt.
We see a commodity originating in over 50 countries, with 25 million farmers producing 120 million bags a year that are consumed by 60 percent of the nation, generating $90 billion. Other people see a cup of coffee.
Dr. Adam Marquardt introduces students to real world of sports marketing.
Katherine Rockwell, '17, spent summer 2016 on the field.
Kelly Power, '17, hosted a branding workshop for current students.
See what students are up to outside the classroom.
Robins School of Business Alumni Hall of Fame recognizes E. Claiborne Robins as inaugural recipient.
The student perspective on the issue of gender inequality in the field of economics.
Two-time University of Richmond graduate shares his experience as a member of the alumni ice hockey team.
In the News
Robins School on Twitter
- #TOMORROW @netflix co-founder @mbrandolph joins us as part of our Robins Exec Speaker Series. 6 p.m. Camp Concert H… https://t.co/eQoI4sHip7
- #ICYMI The latest Dialogue on Decision Making is out! Featuring @R_Coughlan and @SpiderMBB Coach Chris Mooney https://t.co/ZZ4N640cSu
- RT @URNews2Use: @UR_RobinsSchool Econ Dept. ranks in Top 10 @ Liberal Arts schools according to Research Papers in Economics. #RePEc https:…
- Robins School of Business Focused Friday: How to Design a StartupFeb2411:15 AM - 1:30 PMThe Robins School of Business will host their final Focused Friday of the 2016-2017 academic year.... Continue reading
- Banking Boot Camp ApplicationFeb2612:00 AM - 12:00 AMBanking Boot Camp is designed to help you develop an in-depth understanding of how an investment bank operates and... Continue reading
- MBTI Workshop: Link Your Personality Type to Majors and CareersFeb274:00 PM - 6:00 PMLearning about your personality type can help you to discover how to make more meaningful major and career choices.... Continue reading
- Peace Corps Information SessionFeb286:00 PM - 7:00 PMPeace Corps Volunteers will be hosting an Information Panel to talk about their experiences with the world-wide... Continue reading
- Life After Richmond: Repaying Federal Student LoansMar144:00 PM - 5:00 PMThere are a variety of different payment plans and options to be aware of as you begin paying back federal student... Continue reading
- Beyond SpiderConnect: Marketing & Communications Job and Internship Search StrategiesMar147:00 PM - 8:00 PMLooking for a job or internship in the Marketing & Communications field? ... Continue reading
- Choosing a Major WorkshopMar154:00 PM - 5:00 PMBring your laptop to start exploring resources and majors during the workshop!... Continue reading
- Demystifying the Richmond Guarantee: Obtaining Funding for Summer InternshipsMar155:00 PM - 6:00 PMWhat is the Richmond Guarantee? How do I access up to $4000 to support my internship experience? What do I need to do to... Continue reading
- Peace Corps Information SessionMar155:00 PM - 6:00 PMPeace Corps will be hosting an Information Session to talk with students about the opportunities with the world-wide... Continue reading
- University of Virginia Darden School of Business Information SessionMar155:00 PM - 6:00 PMUVA Darden School of Business will be hosting an Information Session to talk with students about their MBA Program and... Continue reading
Faculty & Staff Highlights
- Dean Bagranoff elected to AACSB Board
Dean Nancy Bagranoff will serve as a Representative of an Institution from the U.S. on the AACSB's Board of Directors for 2017.
- Accounting professor awarded grant for study on big data
Ashley Austin, assistant accounting professor, was awarded a $10,000 grant by the Institute of Fraud Prevention for her study "The Impact of Big Data and Data Analytics on Fighting Fraud."
- Amit Eynan receives International Education Award
Professor of management recognized for exemplary acts of internationalization to benefit UR community and those beyond.
- Coughlan appointed to Goodwill's Board of Directors
Assoc. Professor of Management named to Goodwill of Central and Coastal Va.'s Board of Directors.
- Best Paper Award from the Academy of Business Research
Tom Arnold, John Earl, Adam Schwartz & Cassandra Marshall received a Best Paper Award from the Academy of Business Research for their paper, “Using “Equivalent Tax Rates’ to Determine Tax Efficient Retirement Investment and Withdrawal.”
- Pat Macaulay receives outstanding administrative staff award Macaulay has been with UR for 34 years!
- Piazza named Executive Education director
Bob Piazza has been named director of Executive Education at the Robins School.
- Thompson named assistant dean
Laura Thompson has been named assistant dean of undergraduate student services at the Robins School.
- Monks named associate dean
Jim Monks has been named associate dean of undergraduate business programs at the Robins School.
- Fishe awarded Quality of Research Discovery Award
Pat Fishe, professor of finance, won the Board of the European Association of Agricultural Economists Quality of Reaserch Discovery Award for his paper "Hedging and speculative trading in agricultural futures markets"