The Robins School of Business hosts two signature speaker series designed to bring together students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members for conversations on current business issues.
At the Robins School, business isn’t just a subject. It’s what we live and breathe. Our students have their fingers on the pulse of our constantly changing world, but their foundations are in the broad perspectives of the liberal arts. We're the Robins School of Business, and we're open for business enthusiasts.
We see a fiber that has been produced for 7,000 years that today accounts for 400,000 U.S. jobs and an annual global production of 25 million tons — and that 39 percent of consumers are wearing right now. Other people see a T-shirt.
We see a commodity originating in over 50 countries, with 25 million farmers producing 120 million bags a year that are consumed by 60 percent of the nation, generating $90 billion. Other people see a cup of coffee.
Dr. Adam Marquardt introduces students to real world of sports marketing.
Katherine Rockwell, '17, spent Summer 2016 on the field.
Kelly Power, '17, hosted a branding workshop for current students.
See what students are up to outside the classroom.
Professor Susan Cohen connects her students to local businesses for a first look at entrepreneuring.
How research into the Second Glass Ceiling sparked a national phenomenon.
Robins School of Business Alumni Hall of Fame recognizes E. Claiborne Robins as inaugural recipient.
The student perspective on the issue of gender inequality in the field of economics.
Two-time University of Richmond graduate shares his experience as a member of the alumni ice hockey team.
In the News
Robins School on Twitter
- #TOMORROW The 1st 2017 Robins Exec Speaker Series with @AmznFulfillment Petersburg GM Greg Grilliot https://t.co/RunnUziukf #RobinsSpeakers
- RT @urichmond: #ICYMI: 4th quarter survey by @UR_RobinsSchool reflects record high optimism among Central Va. CEOs. https://t.co/ubqRsvLkDQ
- RT @URNews2Use: Tech leaders from @netflix, @AmznFulfillment & @clevelandfed to headline @UR_RobinsSchool Executive Speaker Series. https:…
- RT @urichmond: Great lineup for @UR_RobinsSchool Executive Speaker Series: leaders from @netflix, @AmznFulfillment & @clevelandfed. https:/…
- #TONIGHT Anticipating the @realDonaldTrump presidency. Debate the issues with us the night before #Inauguration… https://t.co/tHycGcbOri
- RT @R_Coughlan: New podcast on decisions in basketball! Coach Mooney (@SpiderMBB) talked defense before 5-0 Spiders fly to Dayton. https://…
- RT @URNews2Use: #urichmond prof Rick Mayes on how Federal health care conversation could affect Virginia https://t.co/Pa5ymRUNQ6 via @RTDNE…
- #TODAY Join us to celebrate #InternationalMentoringDay at our MBA Mentor Reception in Weinstein Hall. https://t.co/eRvvx4VeuK #EarningURMBA
- RT @urichmond: @UR_RobinsSchool focus on innovation & entrepreneurship also creates more demand for b-school via @VirginiaBiz https://t.co/…
- RT @R_Coughlan: Spiders are 4-0 in the A-10! Coach Mooney opened up on the importance of trust, coaching against a good friend & the cognit…
- Happy #Friday! Check out this week's Dialogue on Decision Making with @R_Coughlan and @SpiderMBB coach Chris Mooney https://t.co/p7rUwn8QoX
- Interested in #EarningURMBA? Join us for an info session THURSDAY at 5:30. https://t.co/zcdRuONhGZ
- RT @U_Richmond_MBA: Check out the new look in our #MBA office! #EarningURMBA #fancy @UR_RobinsSchool https://t.co/sqGivSpnN5
- Thinking about declaring a #business major? Stop by the Dean's office and make it official this week👍🏼📚 https://t.co/ZeNN6YXOM2
- RT @URNews2Use: .@UR_RobinsSchool, @vaceos Survey of local business leaders shows greater optimism https://t.co/DRVS8su77c via @RTDNEWS, @R…
- Please welcome the Spring 2017 class of international students! https://t.co/8jfen3ZhcS
- Want to get some hands-on debate experience? And the chance to win $2000? Enter by 1/18 for the #RobinsDebate https://t.co/6pJNElusDn
- Happy New Year! Here's the latest edition of Dialogue on Decision-Making with @R_Coughlan & @SpiderMBB Coach Mooney https://t.co/p7rUwn8QoX
- RT @rvabizsense: The Herd: New hires, promotions & departures for 1.3.17. https://t.co/omqtKhbiRH https://t.co/yl2tfiZ5L6
- Internship Search WorkshopJan245:00 PM - 6:00 PMWhy is it so important to have an internship and how do you go about finding one? Participants will learn about the... Continue reading
- Robins Executive Speaker Series: Greg GrilliotJan246:00 PM - 8:00 PMDean Nancy A. Bagranoff and the Robins School of Business are proud to host the fourth event of the 2016-2017... Continue reading
- Q-camp 2017Jan27All DayThe Robins School is now accepting registrations for Q-camp 2017. Q-camp is open to business school sophomores... Continue reading
- PubWorX Office HoursJan279:00 AM - 11:30 AMDoes the magazine industry fascinate you? Consider meeting with Will Michalopoulos, '85, Vice President, Retail... Continue reading
- Spring Spider Career Expo and Diversity Networking BrunchJan2710:30 AM - 3:00 PMJoin us for Career Service's annual Spring Spider Career Expo (with prep session!) and Diversity Networking... Continue reading
- Interview WorkshopJan305:00 PM - 6:00 PMIf you will be searching for internships or jobs this year, it’s time to begin preparing for interviews! The... Continue reading
- Vanderbilt University Information TableJan3111:00 AM - 2:00 PMVanderbilt University Owen Graduate School of Management will be hosting an Information Table to talk with students... Continue reading
- LinkedIn 101: Establishing Your ProfileJan315:00 PM - 6:00 PMHave you heard of LinkedIn but are not sure where to start? This workshop will cover the basics of LinkedIn and how you... Continue reading
- PwC Information SessionJan315:00 PM - 6:00 PMIf a career in Accounting interests you, consider attending the PwC Information Session. PwC representatives,... Continue reading
- Federal Jobs Webinar: Finding and Applying for Jobs in the Federal GovernmentFeb011:00 PM - 2:30 PMHosted by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), this instructor led training provides a step-by-step process... Continue reading
Faculty & Staff Highlights
- Accounting professor awarded grant for study on big data
Ashley Austin, assistant accounting professor, was awarded a $10,000 grant by the Institute of Fraud Prevention for her study "The Impact of Big Data and Data Analytics on Fighting Fraud."
- Amit Eynan receives International Education Award
Professor of management recognized for exemplary acts of internationalization to benefit UR community and those beyond.
- Coughlan appointed to Goodwill's Board of Directors
Assoc. Professor of Management named to Goodwill of Central and Coastal Va.'s Board of Directors.
- Best Paper Award from the Academy of Business Research
Tom Arnold, John Earl, Adam Schwartz & Cassandra Marshall received a Best Paper Award from the Academy of Business Research for their paper, “Using “Equivalent Tax Rates’ to Determine Tax Efficient Retirement Investment and Withdrawal.”
- Pat Macaulay receives outstanding administrative staff award Macaulay has been with UR for 34 years!
- Piazza named Executive Education director
Bob Piazza has been named director of Executive Education at the Robins School.
- Thompson named assistant dean
Laura Thompson has been named assistant dean of undergraduate student services at the Robins School.
- Monks named associate dean
Jim Monks has been named associate dean of undergraduate business programs at the Robins School.
- Fishe awarded Quality of Research Discovery Award
Pat Fishe, professor of finance, won the Board of the European Association of Agricultural Economists Quality of Reaserch Discovery Award for his paper "Hedging and speculative trading in agricultural futures markets"
- Cohen receives Kauffman Foundation Grant
Susan Cohen, assistant professor of management, received a grant from the Kauffman Foundation for her research on accelerators.