Q-camp, named for Paul B. Queally, R'86, is designed to introduce undergraduate students to practical, real-world exercises in professional and career skills.
Held off-campus in a nearby conference center, the select group of sophomore business students experience first-hand the social and professional interactions they will face as they enter the 21st century workforce.
Q-camp is packed full of interactive seminars and opportunities to practice the newly introduced skills with alumni, corporate friends and faculty. Q-camp will be held January 27-28, 2017.
- Understand how to refine your career interests and goals
- Identify new job search resources and a create a plan for taking action
- Define what networking is, identify your network and develop and practice key skills to be an effective networker
- Describe the components of a professional brand and identify key actions to take to market yourself well
"I think it was a wonderful opportunity to learn crucial lessons that you cannot learn in a classroom or in every day life. I encourage every single student to participate in this course." --William Connell
"Thank you so much for a fabulous weekend at Q-camp! It was a tremendous success, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience... every speaker was personable, engaging, interesting and provided very useful advice and information. I think that all aspects of the weekend ran very smoothly. I was nervous that Q-camp was going to be very regimented and stressful. I was pleasantly surprised that the experience was professional yet relaxed. I met some really wonderful people including classmates, professionals and faculty members. I think that Q-camp has strengthened my ties with other Business School students who I may not have otherwise met. This was not only a networking event in terms of future employers; it was a networking event among students. I bonded with other Robins School of Business students." --Kelly Padden
- Q-camp is held at The Westin Hotel, 6631 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA.
- All transportation, lodging and meals will be provided for participating students; students will be responsible for hotel incidentals.
- Dress is business casual for Friday; dress for Saturday is coat/tie and ladies suits.
- Q-camp is offered once annually. A limited number of students will be accepted into this program.
- Students will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis, based on the date that BOTH the online application and $50 cash deposit have been received.
- Students will be notified about Q-camp participation by the second week of January.
For additional questions, please visit the FAQ page.