The Robins Mentoring Program
What do you need for career success?
“My mentor and I got along very well and he has been very helpful to me. He provided me with advice and guidance for my interviews, as well as offered to use his network to help with internships. Mentors can make a significant impact in a young professional’s life and career. Hopefully, other individuals will have as great an experience (or better) than mine!” -Luis Davila, ‘16
The right mentor can have a major impact on your professional future. The Robins School of Business is committed to connecting students with mentors, and one way this happens is through the Robins Mentoring Program.
This group of about 50 senior executives works directly with the Robins School’s deans, faculty and students. The backgrounds of these executives include investment banking, consulting, manufacturing, consumer goods, real estate development, hospitality/hotels, small business, accounting and much more. Serving as student mentors, EAC council members help students by:
- Meeting one-on-one with students to provide general career coaching and advice
- Providing input regarding specific career questions/issues
- Discussing challenges faced when transitioning from school to work
- Assisting in outlining a job search strategy
- Sharing real world experiences that have impacted his/her career
- Helping define strategies for ongoing growth and professional development
Participating students are carefully matched with a mentor, based on shared professional goals and interests.
Mentors and mentees, join us on LinkedIn.
Please contact Shelley Burns for more information.